Sunday, June 26, 2011

Link love: Newgate Jig by DJ Cockburn

Today I'm giving a bit of link love to one of my favourite short story authors, DJ Cockburn, whose Newgate Jig I read a while back. But in general, Lacuna, the online journal of historical fiction, is all-round a great place for quality literature.

Cockburn's Newgate Jig is another installment following the exploits of his daring sword master, Le Méridien, and a very visceral vision of the London of the past. In my mind I've encountered few authors who are able to give their historical fiction such a ring of authenticity. Hats off to Cockburn. In my mind he's one of the best and I know I'm always in for an adventure of sorts when he's at the helm.

So, without further ado, here's the link: http://lacunajournal.blogspot.com/2011/04/newgate-jig.html

* * * *

Toad is constantly on the look-out for fresh authors to feature on her page. If you write fantasy, science fiction or horror, please drop Toad's PA a mail at nerinedorman@gmail.com and remember to put "Toad's Corner" in the subject line.

No comments:

Post a Comment